18/02/2012

Week 3: 'The Clock' - playing Husband


This image reflects my state of mind at the moment when we assigned week 3 production roles. Also the moment I saw the piece in which I was acting for the first time on the screen. I'm just not able to reproduce or mimic any kind of behaviour without ending up laughing at my inborn acting disability. And when I stop laughing, I just look ridiculous on the screen. This is why I usually choose to stand behind the camera. Unfortunately, this module wants us to take part in literally each stage of the media production and there's nothing we can do about it. Fortunately, everybody else did their best (not that I wasn't trying but simply I can't act, even as an amateur). And it resulted in a great film. And it's not only my opinion. During the debrief on Friday, the tutors' comments were really encouraging to keep on working in this direction. Because of good cinematography by Ang. Because of good use of space and mise-en-scène by Georgi. Because of Egle's great acting skills. Because of well-done sound by Petar. And I only hope that we'll keep on getting better and better as the module progresses, just as we've been doing for the last 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment