26/02/2012

Week 4: 'Persona' - 'not nurse' character's view

Meme of this week:

I even quite enjoyed my part of the passive character of the scene. No talking = more attention paid to what I was doing and so I could get better from shot to shot. What helped me was a director (Petar) giving advice on how to act, what to do, all inspired by the extract of 'Persona' being played on a computer as we went on. Freddie (the 'nurse') was great, especially concerning voice, however not everyone during the debrief was convinced by his acting. We managed to 'translate' (as this was the task) around 1:20 minutes of the over-three-minute clip which, given the time restrictions and initial problems with lights (the problem solved and the lights operated by Ang), was not bad at all.

However, these were my thoughts on location. My initial impression was quite torn down by what I saw in the editing suite. To put it short: if I had been the cinematographer, I'd have done it quite differently and according to the director's vision so far as framing, white balance (and so on) are concerned. Nevertheless, post-production worked its magic and so the outcome of our production isn't that disturbing. All in all, week 4 showed us what not to do and what to pay attention to during the week 5 production.

No comments:

Post a Comment